For many nationalities Indonesian tourist (and transit) visas are issued on arrival at major airports and seaports in Indonesia. Tourist visas are usually not extendable and not convertible into other types of visa.
Visa Free Entry on Arrivals
- 1. Visa Free Entry on arrival for 30 (thirty) days free of charge is available for nationals of the following 11 countries and territories: Brunei Darussalam, Chile, Hong Kong, Macau, Malaysia, Morocco, Peru, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam
- 2. These are countries that offer the same visa-free entry on arrival facility to Indonesian nationals.
Tourist and Transit Visa on Arrival
- 1. Tourist and Transit Visa on Arrival is available for nationals of these 52 countries and territories. A transit visa for up to 7 (seven) days costs US $10.00, and a tourist visa for up to 30 (thirty) days costs US $25.00
- 2. Nationalities not listed above should obtain a visa prior to departure.
- 3. Visa Free Entry and Visa on Arrival facilities are available at the Immigration check-point at these ports and airports
- 1. Tourist visas are valid for 30 days, your arrival day is counted as your first day, and you must leave the country on the 30th day.
- 2. Tourist visas may only be extended due to natural disaster, illness or accident, and cannot be transferred to another type of visa.
- 3. Visa on Arrival is usually not extendable and not convertible into other types of visa.
- 4. Overstay visitors incur a penalty of US$20 per day for under 60 days over-stay. More than 60 days over-stay may incur a 5 (five) year prison sentence or a fine of IDR 25.000.000.
Your passport must be valid for a minimum of 6 (six) months from the date of entry into Indonesia.
Official Information about Indonesia Visa can be found here.